1-day training workshop: Kanban and Lean-Agile essentials with Agendashift
Kanban training with a difference! This 1-day hands-on workshop explores not just the mechanics of kanban systems but also the change management philosophy that sustains lasting Lean-Agile transformation. It is led by Agendashift founder Mike Burrows, author of the definitive book Kanban from the Inside and creator of Featureban, the popular Kanban simulation game.
You will be working with this leading practitioner towards these key outcomes:
- Hands-on experience with kanban systems and the Kanban Method
- Establishing a platform of common understanding for your Lean-Agile transformation
- Learning how to understand, manage, and evolve your product development and service delivery systems, applying modern hypothesis-driven techniques
- Exploring the values, principles, and paradigms of Lean, Agile, Kanban, and Scrum and how to integrate them successfully
- Practical tips and techniques you can apply right away, whatever your role
Free and without obligation, every participant will receive the opportunity to survey their team using the full version of the Agendashift values-based delivery assessment. This may be used as pre-work for the Agendashift transformation mapping workshop; discounts apply if the two workshops are ordered together.
Who is it for?
This workshop has proven effective with mixed audiences – IT & business, managers & staff, experienced & novice. If you're going to use Kanban or be involved in any way in a Lean-Agile transformation, you'll find it valuable.
- Making it flow: Hands-on with kanban systems (Featureban)
- Visual management
- New work management policies
- Larger-scale organisational issues
- Changing for the better: Hypothesis-driven change (Agendashift)
- Agreeing opportunities for change
- Framing hypotheses, outcomes & measures
- Identifying assumptions, dependencies & risks
- Involving the right people
- Ensuring follow-through
- Putting it together: Integrating and contextualising Lean, Agile, and Kanban
- Lean, Agile, and Kanban & friends
- Integrating through values
- Exploring core assumptions
- Digging deeper: How to improve existing systems (Reverse STATIK)
- Improve the service experience
- Manage the knowledge discovery process
- Balance demand & capability
- Identify sources of dissatisfaction and other motivations for change
- Pursue fitness for purpose
Optionally (and recommended for senior audiences), we can augment the "Changing for the better" module to make room for these key elements from the Agendashift transformation mapping workshop:
- Clean Language: using this coaching tool to explore outcomes
- Cynefin: organising outcomes using the complexity framework and its sensemaking tool
Conversely, when training is scheduled to precede an Agendashift transformation mapping workshop we can dial down the change aspects and spend more time on practical techniques in the "Digging deeper" module.
Meet us online
Agendashift™ is brought to you by Positive Incline Ltd, UK-based specialists in Lean-Agile transformation. Founder Mike Burrows pioneered the values model for the Kanban Method that led to his definitive book, Kanban from the Inside. His new book Agendashift: clean conversations, coherent collaboration, continuous transformation was published May 2017.
Agendashift™ is copyright © 2015-2017 Positive Incline Ltd. All rights reserved. Privacy, security and usage policies