Right to Left: The digital leader’s guide to Lean and Agile
Update (May 2020): Right to Left is now available as an audiobook on Amazon, Audible, and iTunes, narrated by the author. Search “Right to Left Mike Burrows” or follow these links:
Published August 15th 2019, Right to Left is the third book by Agendashift founder Mike Burrows, doing for Lean and Agile in digital delivery what his 2018 book Agendashift did for change and transformation.
Do you see in digital technology the opportunity to meet customer needs more effectively? Do you recognise that this may have profound implications for how your organisation should work? Do you want to help bring that about?
Regardless of whether you consider yourself a technologist, if your answer to those questions is “yes”, you are what we refer to in this book as a digital leader. If you are a digital leader, aspire to be one, or think that sometime soon you might need to become one, then this book is for you. Whatever your current level of knowledge of Lean and Agile, you will find here both an accessible guide to the Lean-Agile landscape and a helpfully challenging perspective on it.
The book is organised into six chapters. The first four have a strong right-to-left theme, which means consistently, deliberately, and even provocatively starting with outcomes – with needs being met – and working backwards from there, keeping outcomes always in the foreground:
- Right to left in the material world – introducing Lean, the strategic pursuit of flow
- Right to left in the digital space – introducing Agile and Lean-Agile
- Patterns and frameworks – popular Lean, Agile, and Lean-Agile frameworks and how they combine and complement each other
- Viable scaling – the Agile scaling frameworks, organisational viability, and the challenges of change
The last two chapters approach questions of organisational design and leadership from angles complementary to that core theme:
- Outside in – strategy and governance in the wholehearted organisation
- Upside down – Servant Leadership and the supportive, ‘intentful’, customer-focussed organisation
Buy it here:
- Amazon UK (amazon.co.uk) and Amazon US (amazon.com)
- Waterstones (waterstones.com)
- Barnes & Noble (barnesandnoble.com)
- Or search "Right to Left Mike Burrows" at your favourite online bookstore, including Apple Books, Google Play, and Kobo.
Drop me a quick note (even if only to wish me luck) and subscribe for updates:
I understand that I will be joining the Agendashift mailing list
- The books:
- About Agendashift
- Agendashift as framework
- The workshops:
- The Agendashift blog (blog.agendashift.com)
- Agendashift communities on Slack and LinkedIn
Meet us online
Agendashift™ is brought to you by Positive Incline Ltd, UK-based specialists in Lean, Agile, strategy, and change. Founder Mike Burrows came to prominence in the Lean-Agile community as the orginator of Kanban’s values model, out of which came his first book, Kanban from the Inside (2014). His more recent books Agendashift (2018) and Right to Left (2019, audiobook 2020) bring a resolutely needs-based and outcome-oriented perspective to change, transformation, and the Lean-Agile landscape as a whole, contributing meanwhile a number of popular tools, games, and other resources. He works as a consultant, facilitator, and trainer, and as a keynote speaker at events public and private around the world.
Agendashift™ is copyright © 2015-2021 Positive Incline Ltd. All rights reserved. Privacy, security, and usage policies