You know how it goes: somewhere there’s a desire for change, but somehow it just isn’t happening.
And so you find yourself facing three universal challenges:
- Cynicism and disengagement – the legacy of past attempts at change
- Same old, same old – hidden systems reinforcing old behaviours, driving the same old results
- Innovation stifled – the wrong decisions made at the wrong time by the wrong people
Familiar? You shouldn’t be surprised: traditional approaches to change make these problems worse, not better. That’s our motivation to provide a real and practical alternative, helping organisations succeed at developing and pursuing the kinds of strategy that go hand-in-hand with transformation.
We follow three guiding principles:
- Keep asking the agreement on outcomes question:What if we put agreement on outcomes before solutions?
These are leadership strategies, strategies for getting better at strategy, meta strategies if you like. Having the kinds of conversations that too often get missed, working backwards (“right to left”) from key moments of impact and learning, and engaging with your organisation in all of its complexity – developing business agility at every scale.
Just trying them out – in one of our workshops perhaps – is enough to generate something of real business value. Work at them for just a little while longer and the transformation process is already underway. As for scale, that depends on who’s invited, and we can help with that too.
Who we are:
- Pioneers in outcome-oriented change and continuous transformation
- Expert practitioners working at the exciting intersection of strategy, organisation development, and delivery
What makes us different:
- Our deep commitment to outcomes: not just outcomes first but outcomes at the forefront throughout – maximising their meaningfulness, their significance, and their power to inspire collaboration, innovation, and reinvention
- Our open framework: Having more in common with dialogic organisation development, Lean Startup, and OKR than it does with traditional change management, Agendashift is in the vanguard of a new category, the engagement model. Agendashift gives leaders at every level new ways to approach their adaptive challenges, to keep people engaged people in that process, and to keep the organisation whole as it transforms.
- Our mission: the wholehearted and Deliberately Adaptive (deliberately-adaptive.org) organisation. Not someone else’s framework to be imposed out of context, but something to pursue – a holistic integration of strategy, delivery, and organisation development that works at each scale and between scales, embedding engagement, participation, and purpose
What we provide:
- Through the Agendashift Academy (“leadership and strategy for the transforming organisation”), self-paced training and public workshops for leaders at every level – managers, practitioners, and more
- Through our partner programme: integrated workshop materials and our unique assessment tools
- Through our partner network and directly: consulting, coaching, and facilitation services
- Free resources – tools, templates, and training games – as used by practitioners the world over
| Agendashift on Slack
| Agendashift on LinkedIn
| Become a partner
| Contact us
External: Agendashift Academy (academy.agendashift.com) | The Deliberately Adaptive Organisation (deliberately-adaptive.org)
Self-paced, video-based training
There is no challenge quite like being a leader in a transforming organisation. If you find yourself in that position, you aspire to that role, or you support others in that journey, then the Agendashift Academy's core curriculum Leading with Outcomes is for you.
- Leading with Outcomes: Foundation – available now
- Inside-out Strategy: Fit for maximum impact – available now
- Outside-in Strategy: Positioned for success – rolls out in installments from June 2022
- Adaptive Organisation: Business agility at every scale – due autumn 2022
Subscriptions: Affordable plans for businesses and individuals, with yearly and monthly options.
We will announce train-the-facilitator and train-the-trainer programmes shortly, again with options for businesses and individuals.
- Agendashift roundup, June 2022
- New from the Outside-in Strategy department
- Resistance – or feedback?
- Agendashift roundup, May 2022
- On values, meaningfulness, and change – parallels with Bateson and Mead
- 15-minute FOTO, version 12
- Big changes for the Agendashift Academy
- What I really think about Kanban
Strategies that scale better than process
Lean Agile London 2022
Kanban, Leadership, Games and more with Mike Burrowsx
Elevate Change podcast
Video: Leading with Outcomes. Breaking free from the Solution-driven Paradigm!
Agile Leadership Spotlight – Mike Burrows interviewed by Mike Leber
Video: Leading and Transforming with Outcomes
The Agendashift Delivery Assessment – starting conversations in business agility
Smidig meetup (Norway)
Up and Down the Deliberately Adaptive Organisation
#bacommunity webinar series, Blackmetric Business Solutions
Read the book, now in its second edition:
Agendashift: Outcome-oriented change and continuous transformation
Mike Burrows, (2nd edition March 2021)
By the same author:
- Right to Left: The digital leader’s guide to Lean and Agile (2019, audiobook 2020)
- Kanban from the Inside (2014)
The Agendashift partner programme
Calling all practioners! Join us in our mission: Helping organisations grow in wholeheartedness – to become less at war with themselves, their obstacles, imbalances, and contradictions identified and owned, value and meaning created through authentic engagement.
Removing what stands in the way of becoming a Deliberately Adaptive Organisation, business agility at every scale:
In our partner directory you’ll find dozens of individual practitioners in more than 20 countries worldwide listed. To become a partner yourself, start here:
For free, use the mini versions of our assessment tools for use with individuals or small groups. Templates in seven languages.
The Agendashift Delivery Assessment in particular – the one introduced in chapter 2 of the book – is for many people their first experience of Agendashift. Because it sets the tone for what follows, we take it very seriously! Unlike the vast majority of assessment tools – prescriptive, practice-centric, and therefore disappointing and frustrating to their respondents – ours is outcome-oriented and framework-agnostic by design, helping you quickly build agreement on outcomes, a legimate and powerful basis for change.
You can access our assessments in a number of ways:
Administer your own team surveys for up to 10 participants per survey with a selection of our ‘mini’ (18-prompt) edition assessment templates.
Together with several other benefits, partners have access to the full range of assessment temnplate and may conduct surveys of unlimited size.
Or get a taste by participating in one of our global surveys:
- The ‘mini’ (18-prompt) version of our flagship assessment, the Agendashift Delivery Assessment
- Even smaller at 15 prompts, review your ability to develop and pursue outside-in (customer-first) strategy with the Agendashift Outside-in Strategy Readiness Assessment
For our workshops, the assessment is typically distributed as prework a few days in advance or completed through a series of one-to-one conversations. Survey results may be debriefed via a clicker-friendly web report, printed for group work, or distributed as a PDF.
- Agendashift Academy
- About Agendashift
- Agendashift: Outcome-oriented change and continuous transformation (2nd edition 2021)
- Right to Left: The digital leader’s guide to Lean and Agile (2019, audiobook 2020)
- Agendashift as framework
- The Agendashift blog (blog.agendashift.com)
- Agendashift communities on Slack and LinkedIn
Meet us online
Agendashift™ is brought to you by Positive Incline Ltd, UK-based specialists in Lean, Agile, strategy, and change. Founder Mike Burrows came to prominence in the Lean-Agile community as the orginator of Kanban’s values model, out of which came his first book, Kanban from the Inside (2014). His more recent books Agendashift (2nd edition 2021) and Right to Left (2019, audiobook 2020) bring a resolutely needs-based and outcome-oriented perspective to change, transformation, and the Lean-Agile landscape as a whole, contributing meanwhile a number of popular tools, games, and other resources. He works as a consultant, facilitator, and trainer, and as a keynote speaker at events public and private around the world.
Agendashift™ is copyright © 2015-2022 Positive Incline Ltd. All rights reserved. Privacy, security, and usage policies