We keep asking this simple but radical question:
What if we put agreement on outcomes before solutions?
Emphasising authentic agreement and meaningful outcomes – needs met, happy endings to stories, the world changed meaningfully for someone – that question is the foundation for a fresh approach to change, transformation, strategy, and leadership.
In the vanguard of a new category, the engagement model
You can’t upgrade your organisation like you’re upgrading your email server! Traditional change management’s track record on cultural and other adaptive challenges is so disastrous that it’s time to carve out a new category.
If any of those jobs are yours too, you’d want an approach that encourages engagement, not destroys it! Agendashift puts authentic agreement on outcomes before solutions, a simple but radical change in perspective with profound implications.
More: Engagement Model
Outcomes all the way down, outcome-oriented
Agendashift deals coherently, humanely, and strategically with outcomes – everything from the most aspirational of goals to the impact of the smallest experiment. These outcomes are agreed through participation, the right people in the room agreeing authentically on outcomes relevant and meaningful to them, articulating them in their own words, organising them into strategy.
Approached this way, outcomes give direction, they give people something to organise around, they provide measures of success, and they give focus to innovation. Putting them first creates the space for solutions to emerge from the people closest to the problem.
More: Outcome Oriented
Mission: growing wholehearted and Deliberately Adaptive organisations
Helping organisations grow in wholeheartedness – to become less at war with themselves, their obstacles, imbalances, and contradictions identified and owned, value and meaning created through authentic engagement.
And removing what stands in the way of becoming a Deliberately Adaptive Organisation, business agility at every scale:
More: Wholehearted | deliberately-adaptive.org
What Agendashift provides
The framework comprises:
- Two key generative patterns
- Five core activities
- A golden thread, the language of outcomes
We make a point of celebrating our models, sources, and inspirations. We’re working at the exciting intersection of strategy, organisation development, and (Lean-Agile) delivery – helping each other grow in scope and capability, raising our game individually and collectively.
More: Agendashift as framework
Toolkit, resources, books
A toolkit of workshop materials, models, practices, templates, assessments, etc – many of our tools open source and available for download via our resources page, popular with coaches, consultants, facilitators, and trainers around the world.
Other supporting material, not least the books:
- Agendashift: Outcome-oriented change and continuous transformation (2nd edition 2021) – describing a resolutely outcome-oriented approach to change and transformation, a book aimed mainly at practitioners
- Right to Left: The digital leader’s guide to Lean and Agile (2019, audiobook 2020) – again, a resolutely outcome-oriented approach, taken this time to the whole Lean-Agile landscape, a highly readable book for all ‘digital leaders’ – expert practitioner or otherwise
Agendashift: Outcome-oriented change and continuous transformation (2nd edition 2021)
Right to Left: The digital leader’s guide to Lean and Agile (2019, audiobook 2020)
Our products and services
For transforming organisations and their leaders, Leading with Outcomes (academy.agendashift.com):
- Self-paced and instructor-led training and workshops for leaders at every level
- Subscription plans for individuals and businesses
For expert practitioners, Leading with Outcomes: Authorised Facilitator and Trainer Programmes (academy.agendashift.com):
- Access to certifiable training materials
- Integrated workshop materials
- Our unique assessment tools
- Through our partner network and directly: consulting, coaching, and facilitation services
More: Agendashift partner directory | Agendashift Assessments | Free 14-day trial | Upgrade your account
- Our mission: Wholehearted
- Agendashift Assessments and Free 14-day trial
- Events calendar – training and other events
- Leading with Outcomes from the Agendashift Academy (academy.agendashift.com):
- Agendashift: Outcome-oriented change and continuous transformation (2nd edition 2021)
- Right to Left: The digital leader’s guide to Lean and Agile (2019, audiobook 2020)
- Agendashift as framework
- The Agendashift blog (blog.agendashift.com)
- Agendashift communities on Slack and LinkedIn
Meet us online
- Subscribe (1-3 emails per month)
- Read our blog: blog.agendashift.com
- Join Agendashift on Slack
- Join our LinkedIn group: Agendashift
- Follow us on Twitter: @agendashift
Agendashift™ is brought to you by Agendashift Ltd (formerly Positive Incline Ltd), UK-based specialists in leadership, engagement, strategy, and change. Founder Mike Burrows came to prominence in the Lean-Agile community as the originator of Kanban’s values model, out of which came his first book, Kanban from the Inside (2014). His more recent books Agendashift (2nd edition 2021) and Right to Left (2019, audiobook 2020) bring a resolutely needs-based and outcome-oriented perspective to change, transformation, and the Lean-Agile landscape as a whole, contributing meanwhile a number of popular tools, games, and other resources. He works as a consultant, facilitator, and trainer, and as a keynote speaker at events public and private around the world.
Copyright © 2015-2023 Agendashift Ltd (formerly Positive Incline Ltd). All rights reserved. Privacy, security, and usage policies