Resources: Agendashift Leading With Outcomes: Cheat Sheet
A cheat sheet for:
- The Leading with Outcomes (LwO) self-paced training
- The Coaching with Outcomes (CwO) workshop
- The first half of the Core, Deep Dive, and Outside-in strategy workshops
- The first two chapters of the book, Agendashift: Outcome-oriented change and continuous transformation (2nd edition 2021).
It is released under a Creative Commons CC-BY-SA license. Subscribe via the button below and you’ll have access both to a PDF you can print and to the original .pptx file. Adaptations, translations, etc welcome!
- Agendashift True North
- Agendashift assessments
- Outside-in Strategy Review template
- Ideal, Obstacles, Outcomes (the IdOO pattern)
- Good Obstacle, Bad Obstacle
- 15-minute FOTO
See True North and the IdOO pattern pages for the setup questions (left middle on the cheat sheet).
Omitted for reasons of space:
- Our trusty context-setting kickoff exercise Celebration-5W
- Practice Outcomes, aka 5% Outcomes, 15% Outcomes (blog.agendashift.com), an optional warmup to 15-minute FOTO based on a version of SFBT‘s miracle question (en.wikipedia.org); see also The Solutions Focus, Jackson & McKergow
- The Charitable Explanation, a deep and empathy-building look at obstacles – Systems Thinking meets Schein's culture model; see Organizational Culture and Leadership, Edgar H. Schein
For more information and additional references see Agendashift: Outcome-oriented change and continuous transformation (2nd edition 2021) and its recommended reading page.
The Language of Outcomes
Or more properly, the language of needs, obstacles, and outcomes, Agendashift’s golden thread.
The cheat sheet supersedes the old Language of Outcomes resource. The 5-part blog series that spawned it remains relevant however:
- Identifying the adaptive challenge
- Framing obstacles
- Generating outcomes
- Organising outcomes
- Between ends and means
Agendashift™ is copyright © 2015-2022 Positive Incline Ltd. All rights reserved. The page Agendashift Leading With Outcomes: Cheat Sheet by Mike Burrows of Positive Incline Ltd is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/.
Source text maintained at github.com/asplake/agendashift-open/tree/master/resources/leading-with-outcomes-cheat-sheet.md (github.com)
For materials (or simply to join the Agendashift mailing list), just ask:
I understand that I will be joining the Agendashift mailing list also
- About Agendashift
- Agendashift: Outcome-oriented change and continuous transformation (2nd edition 2021)
- Right to Left: The digital leader’s guide to Lean and Agile (2019, audiobook 2020)
- Agendashift as framework
- The Agendashift blog (blog.agendashift.com)
- Agendashift communities on Slack and LinkedIn
Meet us online
Agendashift™ is brought to you by Positive Incline Ltd, UK-based specialists in Lean, Agile, strategy, and change. Founder Mike Burrows came to prominence in the Lean-Agile community as the orginator of Kanban’s values model, out of which came his first book, Kanban from the Inside (2014). His more recent books Agendashift (2nd edition 2021) and Right to Left (2019, audiobook 2020) bring a resolutely needs-based and outcome-oriented perspective to change, transformation, and the Lean-Agile landscape as a whole, contributing meanwhile a number of popular tools, games, and other resources. He works as a consultant, facilitator, and trainer, and as a keynote speaker at events public and private around the world.
Agendashift™ is copyright © 2015-2022 Positive Incline Ltd. All rights reserved. Privacy, security, and usage policies