Resources: True North
As featured in the book and in our transformation strategy workshops, our True North statement, released under a Creative Commons with-attribution (CC-BY-SA) licence to enable its adaptation and wider use:
As text (the "Imagine..." is optional):
Everyone able to work consistently at their ideal best:
- Individuals, teams, between teams,
across the organisation and beyond
- Right conversations, right people, best possible moment
- Needs anticipated, met at just the right time
The facilitation deck (see below) includes two sets of slides with setup questions, one set intended for workshop use, the other for meetups, conferences etc. For the workshop version, the questions are as follows:
- When that’s working at its ideal best for you, what’s that like?
- And when that’s happening, whose needs are you meeting? What new stories could they tell?
- What stops that? What gets in the way?
The two-part exercise True North: Ideal (questions 1 & 2) and True North: Obstacles (question 3) may be followed by:
For workshop settings we recommend establishing some shared context first, preceding those exercises with Celebration-5W.
- Activity: Discovery
- Pattern: Ideal, Obstacles, Outcomes (IdOO)
- And the book: Agendashift: Outcome-oriented change and continuous transformation (2nd edition, 2021), chapter 1 in particular
- Updates to the Agendashift True North exercise (February 2021)
- True North, tweaked (August 2020)
- A True North for Lean-Agile? (May 2017)
Agendashift™ is copyright © 2015-2021 Positive Incline Ltd. All rights reserved. The Agendashift True North by Mike Burrows of Positive Incline Ltd is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/.
For the source .pptx file (or simply to join the Agendashift mailing list), just ask:
I understand that I will be joining the Agendashift mailing list also
- About Agendashift
- Agendashift as framework
- The books:
- The workshops:
- The Agendashift blog (blog.agendashift.com)
- Agendashift communities on Slack and LinkedIn
Meet us online
Agendashift™ is brought to you by Positive Incline Ltd, UK-based specialists in Lean, Agile, strategy, and change. Founder Mike Burrows came to prominence in the Lean-Agile community as the orginator of Kanban’s values model, out of which came his first book, Kanban from the Inside (2014). His more recent books Agendashift (2018) and Right to Left (2019, audiobook 2020) bring a resolutely needs-based and outcome-oriented perspective to change, transformation, and the Lean-Agile landscape as a whole, contributing meanwhile a number of popular tools, games, and other resources. He works as a consultant, facilitator, and trainer, and as a keynote speaker at events public and private around the world.
Agendashift™ is copyright © 2015-2021 Positive Incline Ltd. All rights reserved. Privacy, security, and usage policies