Help: Next steps
With participants working in small table groups (4 people per group is ideal), the typical post-debrief flow is as follows.
- Using handouts as described in Debrief your survey results, they prioritise their top 5 assessment prompts (per table group). We often faciliate this 1-2-4-All (liberatingstructures.com) style.
- They identify and prioritise obstacles to their chosen prompts
- From those obstacles they generate outcomes using the 15-minute FOTO exercise
- They generate action ideas for a selected outcome
- For the most promising action idea they frame a hypothesis and develop it using the Experiment A3 template
In a training seeting, outcomes may be prioritised according to their openness to a diverse range of possible actions and thereby their amenability to a hypothesis-driven approach. Sometimes other approaches are more appropriate (this is covered in the book and can be explored visually through Mapping).
Meet us online
Agendashift™ is brought to you by Positive Incline Ltd, UK-based specialists in Lean, Agile, strategy, and change. Founder Mike Burrows came to prominence in the Lean-Agile community as the orginator of Kanban’s values model, out of which came his first book, Kanban from the Inside (2014). His more recent books Agendashift (2018) and Right to Left (2019, audiobook 2020) bring a resolutely needs-based and outcome-oriented perspective to change, transformation, and the Lean-Agile landscape as a whole, contributing meanwhile a number of popular tools, games, and other resources. He works as a consultant, facilitator, and trainer, and as a keynote speaker at events public and private around the world.
Agendashift™ is copyright © 2015-2020 Positive Incline Ltd. All rights reserved. Privacy, security, and usage policies