Resources: Right to Left: The digital leader's guide to Lean and Agile
Due midsummer 2019, Right to Left will be the third book by Agendashift founder Mike Burrows, doing for Lean and Agile in digital delivery what his 2018 book Agendashift did for change and transformation.
Do you see in digital technology the opportunity to serve your customers better, to meet their needs more effectively? Do you recognise that this may have profound implications for how your organisation should work? Do you want to help make that happen?
Whether or not you consider yourself a technologist, if your answer to those questions is “yes”, you are what we refer to in this book as a digital leader. If you are a digital leader, aspire to be one, or think that sometime soon you might need to become one, then this book is for you. Whatever your current level of knowledge of Lean and Agile, you will find here both an accessible guide to the Lean-Agile landscape and a helpfully challenging perspective on it.
The book is organised into six chapters. The first four have a strong right-to-left theme, which means consistently, deliberately, and even provocatively starting with outcomes – with needs being met – and working backwards from there, keeping outcomes always in the foreground:
- Right to left in the material world – introducing Lean, the strategic pursuit of flow
- Right to left in the digital space – introducing Agile and Lean-Agile
- Patterns and frameworks – popular Lean, Agile, and Lean-Agile frameworks and how they combine and complement each other
- Viable scaling – the Agile scaling frameworks, organisational viability, and the challenges of change
The last two chapters approach questions of organisational design and leadership from angles complementary to that core theme:
- Outside in – two key feedback loops – strategy reviews and service delivery reviews – designed ‘outside in’ to help develop a more ‘wholehearted’ organisation; other outside-in tools
- Upside down – Servant Leadership and the supportive, ‘intentful’, customer-focussed organisation
- Right to Left: a transcript of my Lean Agile Brighton talk
- #RightToLeft is #Agendashift (outcome-orientation) for delivery
- Understanding Lean-Agile, right to left
- ‘Right to Left’ works for Scrum too
- Towards the wholehearted organisation, outside in
- How the Leader-Leader model turns Commander’s Intent upside down
Drop me a quick note (even if only to wish me luck) and subscribe for updates:
I understand that I will be joining the Agendashift mailing list
Meet us online
Agendashift™ is brought to you by Positive Incline Ltd, UK-based specialists in Lean-Agile transformation. Founder Mike Burrows pioneered the values model for the Kanban Method that led to his definitive book, Kanban from the Inside. His new book Agendashift: Outcome-oriented change and continuous transformation was published in April 2018.
Agendashift™ is copyright © 2015-2019 Positive Incline Ltd. All rights reserved. Privacy, security and usage policies