Tired of those empty discussions about what constitutes done? Try our needs-based definition:
- Done (adj) /dʌn/
- Someone’s need was met.
For background, see these blog posts:
- On “done”: A good working definition of “Done”
- On “needs”: Better user stories start with authentic situations of need
Working backwards from this sense of done is fundamental to my 2019 book, Right to Left: The digital leader’s guide to Lean and Agile. Distilled from that is the generative pattern Right-to-Left Strategy Deployment which is further developed in the 2nd edition of Agendashift (2021).
- Distilled essence of Agendashift in five principles, #1 being “Start – and finish – with needs”
- The Agendashift Agendashift True North, which includes the line “Needs anticipated, met at just the right time”
Agendashift™ is copyright © 2015-2021 Positive Incline Ltd. All rights reserved. The Agendashift Definition of Done by Mike Burrows of Positive Incline Ltd is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/.
For the source .pptx file (or simply to join the Agendashift mailing list), just ask:
I understand that I will be joining the Agendashift mailing list also
- About Agendashift
- Agendashift as framework
- Agendashift: Outcome-oriented change and continuous transformation (2nd edition 2021)
- Right to Left: The digital leader’s guide to Lean and Agile (2019, audiobook 2020)
- The workshops:
- The Agendashift blog (blog.agendashift.com)
- Agendashift communities on Slack and LinkedIn
Meet us online
Agendashift™ is brought to you by Positive Incline Ltd, UK-based specialists in Lean, Agile, strategy, and change. Founder Mike Burrows came to prominence in the Lean-Agile community as the orginator of Kanban’s values model, out of which came his first book, Kanban from the Inside (2014). His more recent books Agendashift (2nd edition 2021) and Right to Left (2019, audiobook 2020) bring a resolutely needs-based and outcome-oriented perspective to change, transformation, and the Lean-Agile landscape as a whole, contributing meanwhile a number of popular tools, games, and other resources. He works as a consultant, facilitator, and trainer, and as a keynote speaker at events public and private around the world.
Agendashift™ is copyright © 2015-2021 Positive Incline Ltd. All rights reserved. Privacy, security, and usage policies