Resources: Outside-in Service Delivery Review (OI-SDR)
Agendashift’s Outside-in Service Delivery Review gives a strategic and Lean-Agile twist to the classic operational review meeting. Based on experience in the UK government digital space, it was introduced in the 2018 1st edition of Agendashift, described in chapter 5 of the 2019 book Right to Left: The digital leader’s guide to Lean and Agile and futher developed in the Agendashift 2nd edition due early 2021. It is released under a Creative Commons CC-BY-SA license.
The OI-SDR as organisation development opportunity
As discussed in the Agendashift 2nd edition due early 2021, under the heading Make your own Outside-in Service Delivery Review (OI-SDR):
- Who’s invited? (I): Who speaks to each agenda item?
- Subject to our minimum rule of three
- Metrics, sources
- Leading vs lagging
- See also OKR, 4DX (“act on lead measures”), 2MBM
- Who’s invited? (II): Thinking in circles
- See also Sociocracy and the rule of three page above
- Who’s invited? (III): Leadership
- Authenticity, psychological safety
- Specific opportunities for leadership as identified by models:
- Servant Leadership
- Host Leadership
- Viable System Model (VSM)
The deck (to which you can subscribe below) includes a slide with the above text. Over the coming weeks we’ll expand these points in further slides.
- The Outside-in Strategy Review (OI-SR) template
- The Right-to-Left Strategy Deployment pattern
- Rule of Three
- The Agendashift Experiment A3 template
Agendashift™ is copyright © 2015-2020 Positive Incline Ltd. All rights reserved. The page Outside-in Service Delivery Review (OI-SDR) by Mike Burrows of Positive Incline Ltd is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/.
Source text maintained at github.com/asplake/agendashift-open/tree/master/resources/oi-sdr.md (github.com)
For materials (or simply to join the Agendashift mailing list), just ask:
I understand that I will be joining the Agendashift mailing list also
- About Agendashift
- Agendashift as framework
- The books:
- The workshops:
- The Agendashift blog (blog.agendashift.com)
- Agendashift communities on Slack and LinkedIn
Meet us online
Agendashift™ is brought to you by Positive Incline Ltd, UK-based specialists in Lean, Agile, strategy, and change. Founder Mike Burrows came to prominence in the Lean-Agile community as the orginator of Kanban’s values model, out of which came his first book, Kanban from the Inside (2014). His more recent books Agendashift (2018) and Right to Left (2019, audiobook 2020) bring a resolutely needs-based and outcome-oriented perspective to change, transformation, and the Lean-Agile landscape as a whole, contributing meanwhile a number of popular tools, games, and other resources. He works as a consultant, facilitator, and trainer, and as a keynote speaker at events public and private around the world.
Agendashift™ is copyright © 2015-2020 Positive Incline Ltd. All rights reserved. Privacy, security, and usage policies