Workshops: Agendashift Deep Dive: Coaching and Leading Continuous Transformation
The Agendashift Deep Dive workshop ‘Coaching and leading continuous transformation’ is the Agendashift engagement model delivered in the form a highly immersive 2-day workshop. It is aimed at coaches, consultants, and managers wishing to:
- Develop their coaching and leadership skills in the areas of enquiry, facilitation, strategy deployment, and change leadership
- Broaden and deepen their appreciation of the Lean-Agile landscape and related bodies of knowledge and their strategic application to organisational development
It is run both publicly and privately; see the Events calendar for upcoming public workshops.
Who should attend?
The Deep Dive workshop is aimed at all agents and leaders of organisational change – whether internal or external, specialist practitioner or sponsor. Whilst the majority of attendees have been coaches and consultants, a significant number have held managerial and business leadership roles.
Public workshops are focussed primarily on skills. You will however have ample opportunity to put them into your organisational context and demonstrate Agendashift’s ability to meet organisational needs in ways such as these:
- Launching, refocusing, or reenergising continuous transformation in your organisation
- Enhancing your organisation’s internal coaching and change management capability
- Embedding outcome-orientation and continuous transformation through leadership development
Private workshops allow greater emphasis on producing of artefacts of real value to the organisation. Their production involves both new conversations and new kinds of conversation, and we look for opportunities to sustain those beyond the workshop itself.
- Practice in a range of outcome-oriented facilitation techniques
- Recognition of the role of outcome orientation in the modern organisation
- Understanding of the integration of techniques and concepts from Lean-Agile, Kanban, Clean Language, Cynefin, Lean Startup, and A3
- Awareness of the power of feedback loops in organisational behaviour and evolution
Participants in most public workshops (and private workshops by arrangement) will receive a print copy of the book Agendashift: Outcome-oriented change and continuous transformation (2nd edition 2021).
Your facilitator will be one of our most experienced partners, either Agendashift founder Mike Burrows or a close collaborator.
1. Discovery: Describing where we'd like to get to
Exploring organisational context, objectives, obstacles, and outcomes using these Core exercises:
This structure provides a great example of the generative pattern Ideal, Obstacles, Outcomes (IdOO). Additional material/exercises may cover:
- Adaptive challenges
- X-Matrix / TASTE
2. Exploration: Prospecting for opportunities
The opportunity to practice skills acquired in Discovery and to reinforce the IdOO pattern:
- Agendashift delivery assessment – either set as prework or done in the workshop
- Survey debrief
- Ideal / Obstacles
- 15-minute FOTO (Classic)
Additional material/exercises may cover:
- Challenge Mapping
- Culture & Systems Thinking
- Empathy & framing
3. Mapping: Building a visual transformation plan
The output of Exploration fed through a “string” of complementary mapping exercises:
- Option Approach Mapping (not its real name)
- Option Relationship Mapping
- Pathway Mapping
Additional material/exercises may cover:
- Complexity theory and its application
- Other mapping and strategy tools
- Strategy model reconciliations
4. Elaboration: Framing actions, testing our thinking & 5. Operation: Change as real work
The culture, practice, and organisation of Right-to-Left Strategy Deployment:
- Changeban (I): A process of knowledge discovery
- Changeban (II): Double loop learning
- Options to experiments
- Experiment A3
- The 2MBM pattern: Meaning before Metric, Measure before Method
- Stories, situations of need, and hypotheses
- Challenge Mapping
- The Agendashift adaptability assessment
- [Outside-in Service Delivery Review (OI-SDR)] and Outside-in Strategy Review (OI-SR) meetings
See also the separate workshop Implementing your Outside-in Service Delivery Review (OI-SDR) and the family of outside-in strategy workshops.
Agendashift™ is copyright © 2015-2022 Positive Incline Ltd. All rights reserved. The page Agendashift Deep Dive: Coaching and Leading Continuous Transformation by Mike Burrows of Positive Incline Ltd is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/.
Source text maintained at github.com/asplake/agendashift-open/tree/master/workshops/deep-dive.md (github.com)
For image source files (or simply to join the Agendashift mailing list), just ask:
I understand that I will be joining the Agendashift mailing list also
- Agendashift Academy
- The workshops:
- About Agendashift
- Agendashift: Outcome-oriented change and continuous transformation (2nd edition 2021)
- Right to Left: The digital leader’s guide to Lean and Agile (2019, audiobook 2020)
- Agendashift as framework
- The Agendashift blog (blog.agendashift.com)
- Agendashift communities on Slack and LinkedIn
Meet us online
Agendashift™ is brought to you by Positive Incline Ltd, UK-based specialists in Lean, Agile, strategy, and change. Founder Mike Burrows came to prominence in the Lean-Agile community as the orginator of Kanban’s values model, out of which came his first book, Kanban from the Inside (2014). His more recent books Agendashift (2nd edition 2021) and Right to Left (2019, audiobook 2020) bring a resolutely needs-based and outcome-oriented perspective to change, transformation, and the Lean-Agile landscape as a whole, contributing meanwhile a number of popular tools, games, and other resources. He works as a consultant, facilitator, and trainer, and as a keynote speaker at events public and private around the world.
Agendashift™ is copyright © 2015-2022 Positive Incline Ltd. All rights reserved. Privacy, security, and usage policies