This workshop is only offered privately.
Workshops: Implementing your Outside-in Service Delivery Review (OI-SDR)
This 2-hour hands-on online workshop will get your team, product line, value stream, or organisational unit started with the Outside-in Service Delivery Review (OI-SDR), a strategic and Lean-Agile twist on the classic operational review meeting. Based on real experience in the UK government digital space, this key governance meeting is introduced in Agendashift: Outcome-oriented change and continuous transformation (2018), described in depth in Right to Left: The digital leader’s guide to Lean and Agile (2019), and referenced on this site in the Right-to-Left Strategy Deployment pattern.
By the end of this workshop you will be well on your way to implementing your own OI-SDR successfully. With that, you will be building into your organisation design some powerful expectations: that experimentation will always be happening, that the strategy will be advancing, that service will continue to improve, and that intelligence and insights will be shared – all of that in a structure specifically designed to create leadership opportunities and to cause misalignments to reveal themselves.
- Thinking in circles:
- Interlinked circles of responsibility
- Concentric circles of alignment
- Performance measures
- Health indicators
- Stories, hypotheses, and experiments:
- Framing for maximum learning
- Focussing for maximum leverage
- The nuts and bolts of the OI-SDR meeting:
- Outside in (customer & environment first), then
- Right to left (outcome first)
- Protocols, participation, and preparation
This workshop is a natural companion to our transformation strategy workshops and outside-in strategy review workshops; accordingly it may be offered as part of a package. These workshops can be taken in either order or standalone:
- The OI-SDR workshop as groundwork before stepping back to strategy, whether focussed mainly on delivery and ways of working (Applied and Deep Dive), on customer/product/service strategy (Impact!), or on strategy more broadly (Wholehearted:OKR)
- The OI-SDR workshop as followup, establishing the infrastructure required to sustain the work agreed in a strategy review
- The OI-SDR workshop on its own as an opportunity to improve the design of your organisational unit’s governance mechanisms, with a view to improving performance and alignment
By default, this workshop is delivered online for 3-8 participants from the same organisational unit – at least acquainted with each other if not close colleagues. However, of your needs differ from that, don’t hesitate to ask.
Agendashift™ is copyright © 2015-2021 Positive Incline Ltd. All rights reserved. The page Implementing your Outside-in Service Delivery Review (OI-SDR) by Mike Burrows of Positive Incline Ltd is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/.
Source text maintained at github.com/asplake/agendashift-open/tree/master/workshops/outside-in-service-delivery-review.md (github.com)
For image source files (or simply to join the Agendashift mailing list), just ask:
I understand that I will be joining the Agendashift mailing list also
- The workshops:
- About Agendashift
- Agendashift as framework
- The books:
- The Agendashift blog (blog.agendashift.com)
- Agendashift communities on Slack and LinkedIn
Meet us online
Agendashift™ is brought to you by Positive Incline Ltd, UK-based specialists in Lean, Agile, strategy, and change. Founder Mike Burrows came to prominence in the Lean-Agile community as the orginator of Kanban’s values model, out of which came his first book, Kanban from the Inside (2014). His more recent books Agendashift (2018) and Right to Left (2019, audiobook 2020) bring a resolutely needs-based and outcome-oriented perspective to change, transformation, and the Lean-Agile landscape as a whole, contributing meanwhile a number of popular tools, games, and other resources. He works as a consultant, facilitator, and trainer, and as a keynote speaker at events public and private around the world.
Agendashift™ is copyright © 2015-2021 Positive Incline Ltd. All rights reserved. Privacy, security, and usage policies