Workshops: Core Agendashift: Facilitating Outcome-Oriented Change
“Fantastic Agendashift workshop today. I’d recommend it to anyone responsible for organisational change”
The Core Agendashift workshop ‘Facilitating outcome-oriented change’ provides a single-day pass through the Agendashift engagement model. It is aimed at coaches, consultants, and managers wishing to practice a range of outcome-centric facilitation techniques and develop awareness of the continuous transformation process.
It is run both publicly and privately; see the Events calendar for upcoming public workshops.
Who should attend?
The core workshop is aimed at all agents and leaders of organisational change – whether internal or external, specialist practitioner or sponsor.
Public workshops are focussed primarily on skills. You will however have ample opportunity to put them into your organisational context and demonstrate Agendashift’s ability to meet organisational needs in ways such as these:
- Launching, refocusing, or reenergising continuous transformation in your organisation
- Enhancing your organisation’s internal coaching and change management capability
- Embedding outcome-orientation and continuous transformation through leadership development
For private workshops, there is some choice in the balance between the focus on skills and on the production of artefacts of real value to the organisation. We use Core for mainly skills-focussed workshops and Applied where the goal is organisation development. The longer Deep Dive workshop provides space for both.
- Practice in a range of outcome-oriented facilitation techniques
- Recognition of the role of outcome orientation in the modern organisation
- Understanding of the integration of techniques and concepts from Lean-Agile, Kanban, Clean Language, Cynefin, Lean Startup, and A3
Your facilitator will be one of our most experienced partners, either Agendashift founder Mike Burrows or a close collaborator.
Important note: Not every exercise can be covered in depth in a single day, and your facilitator will prioritise according to need. The Mapping exercises (session 3) are considered optional and may sacrificed in their entirety in favour of the Changeban game or to allow more time for Discovery. Operation (chapter 5 of the book) is not typically included in 1-day workshops except for aspects combined with Elaboration as described below.
1. Discovery: Describing where we'd like to get to
Exploring organisational context, objectives, obstacles, and outcomes using these exercises:
Discovery provides a great example of the generative pattern Ideal, Obstacles, Outcomes (IdOO).
2. Exploration: Prospecting for opportunities
The opportunity to practice skills acquired in Discovery and to reinforce the IdOO pattern:
- Survey debrief / obstacles
- 15-minute FOTO (Classic)
Both to provide input to this session and to set the tone for the workshop overall, the Agendashift delivery assessment is set in advance as prework.
3. Mapping: Building a visual transformation plan
Typically just one of these mapping exercises, organising the outputs of Exploration:
- Option Approach Mapping (not its real name)
- Option Relationship Mapping
- Pathway Mapping
4. Elaboration: Framing actions, testing our thinking & 5. Operation: Change as real work
An introduction to hypothesis-based change and other aspects of Right-to-Left Strategy Deployment:
- Changeban (I): A process of knowledge discovery (optional)
- Options to experiments
- Experiment A3
- Changeban (II): Double loop learning (optional)
And to close:
- Full Circle
Agendashift™ is copyright © 2015-2022 Positive Incline Ltd. All rights reserved. The page Core Agendashift: Facilitating Outcome-Oriented Change by Mike Burrows of Positive Incline Ltd is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/.
Source text maintained at github.com/asplake/agendashift-open/tree/master/workshops/core.md (github.com)
For image source files (or simply to join the Agendashift mailing list), just ask:
I understand that I will be joining the Agendashift mailing list also
- The workshops:
- About Agendashift
- Agendashift: Outcome-oriented change and continuous transformation (2nd edition 2021)
- Right to Left: The digital leader’s guide to Lean and Agile (2019, audiobook 2020)
- Agendashift as framework
- The Agendashift blog (blog.agendashift.com)
- Agendashift communities on Slack and LinkedIn
Meet us online
Agendashift™ is brought to you by Positive Incline Ltd, UK-based specialists in Lean, Agile, strategy, and change. Founder Mike Burrows came to prominence in the Lean-Agile community as the orginator of Kanban’s values model, out of which came his first book, Kanban from the Inside (2014). His more recent books Agendashift (2nd edition 2021) and Right to Left (2019, audiobook 2020) bring a resolutely needs-based and outcome-oriented perspective to change, transformation, and the Lean-Agile landscape as a whole, contributing meanwhile a number of popular tools, games, and other resources. He works as a consultant, facilitator, and trainer, and as a keynote speaker at events public and private around the world.
Agendashift™ is copyright © 2015-2022 Positive Incline Ltd. All rights reserved. Privacy, security, and usage policies