I need to lead in a transforming organisation:
I want to help others to lead with outcomes:
We help leaders and engaged team members at every level to gain fluency in the language of outcomes – developing and pursuing strategies together, innovating and adapting as the organisation learns to renew and transform itself. More...
Core activities: Exploration
Exploration: Identifying opportunities for change; recognising appropriate change management approaches.
As a workshop session:
The Core Agendashift workshop includes the following Exploration exercises (with their related models/inspirations):
- Debriefing the Agendashift delivery assessment (Lean and Agile)
- Prioritisation, reflection, and obstacle identification
- 15-minute FOTO (Classic) (Clean Language)
- Ideal (or Ideal best): In a context already established, a lightly guided reflection on some provided or harvested generative image or adaptive challenge, here each prioritised assessment prompt. “What’s it like when it’s working at its ideal best? What new stories could you tell?”
- Obstacles: “What stops that? What gets in the way?” – see also Good Obstacle, Bad Obstacle for tips on raising the quality of obstacles
- Outcomes: 15-minute FOTO again (this time the Classic edition), with the resulting outcomes organised in the Mapping activity
Copyright © 2015-2023 Agendashift Ltd (formerly Positive Incline Ltd). All rights reserved. The page Exploration by Mike Burrows of Agendashift Ltd is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/.
Source text maintained at github.com/asplake/agendashift-open/tree/master/framework/core-activities/exploration.md (github.com)
For image source files (or simply to join the Agendashift mailing list), just ask:
I understand that I will be joining the Agendashift mailing list also
- Agendashift as framework
- Agendashift's five core activities
- Models, sources, and inspirations
- Agendashift: Outcome-oriented change and continuous transformation (2nd edition 2021)
- Right to Left: The digital leader’s guide to Lean and Agile (2019, audiobook 2020)
Meet us online
Agendashift™ is brought to you by Agendashift Ltd (formerly Positive Incline Ltd), UK-based specialists in leadership, engagement, strategy, and change. Founder Mike Burrows came to prominence in the Lean-Agile community as the originator of Kanban’s values model, out of which came his first book, Kanban from the Inside (2014). His more recent books Agendashift (2nd edition 2021) and Right to Left (2019, audiobook 2020) bring a resolutely needs-based and outcome-oriented perspective to change, transformation, and the Lean-Agile landscape as a whole, contributing meanwhile a number of popular tools, games, and other resources. He works as a consultant, facilitator, and trainer, and as a keynote speaker at events public and private around the world.
Copyright © 2015-2023 Agendashift Ltd (formerly Positive Incline Ltd). All rights reserved. Privacy, security, and usage policies